Mosquitos can really put a damper on summertime fun. Chasing fireflies, swimming, and playing outside with your kids can quickly feel like it’s not worth the risk — especially when mosquitos take over your yard. Luckily, Long Island mosquito control is possible with help from the pros. At Mosquito Brothers, we proudly offer mosquito lawn treatment services to homes and businesses throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Don’t spend your summer indoors and let mosquitos have the final say. With a few treatments each year and some preventative measures, we’ll make your yard a safe place to have fun throughout all four seasons.
Mosquito bites are hard to miss, but how do you know you have an infestation on your property? Are a few mosquito bites normal, or does that mean you have a bigger problem? Let’s look at some common signs to watch out for that mean your yard may be infested with them.
• High-pitched buzzing in your yard
• An excess of mosquito bites on your family’s arms, legs, and exposed skin
• The right setting: plenty of shade and standing water
• Daytime swarms of mosquitos (since they usually hunt at night)
• Nighttime itching (when you notice bites)
If your property has plenty of shade or standing water, it’s wise to opt for outdoor mosquito control. Although it’s not a guarantee, it’s highly likely that mosquitos will make your yard their home. By scheduling mosquito treatment for your Long Island property, you can quickly get ahead of the problem and keep mosquitos at bay.
Mosquito bites are incredibly unpleasant, and it’s especially hard to watch your children scratch bites until they bleed. Unfortunately, that’s not the only reason to pay for mosquito control for your yard. They carry viruses and pathogens that have the potential to make you and your loved ones very sick, and each bite can transmit a variety of diseases, including West Nile, Zika Virus, and Malaria, in some parts of the world.
Dogs are also at risk of becoming sick from mosquitos, and these tiny insects can transmit heartworms in a single bite. By scheduling regular Long Island mosquito control, you can protect your family and pets from these pesky and potentially harmful bugs.
In combination with mosquito yard treatment on Long Island, you can take a few steps to lessen your chances of getting bit. These include:
• Remove standing water: Mosquitoes breed in stagnant water, so regularly emptying and cleaning birdbaths, flower pots, and other containers can help reduce their breeding areas.
• Trim vegetation: Mosquitoes rest in dense vegetation during the day, so keeping lawns and bushes well-trimmed can minimize their hiding spots.
• Use mosquito repellents: Apply mosquito repellents containing DEET or picaridin to exposed skin and clothing when spending time outdoors.
• Limit outdoor activities: Avoid being outside during peak mosquito activity times, such as dawn and dusk.
Although this won’t prevent an infestation, it can help you to avoid getting as many mosquito bites.
If you’re worried about mosquitos on your property, schedule Long Island mosquito control today. At Mosquito Brothers, our approach is highly effective, and we won’t stop until your family is safe. We’re a family and veteran-owned business that uses natural and chemical products to eliminate mosquitos and ticks from homes and businesses across Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
Contact us in Nassau County at (516) 321-0606 or in Suffolk County at (631) 440-1881 to get a free estimate on mosquito pest control for your home or business.