Suffolk County is home to beautiful wooded areas and lots of wildlife—it’s also home to pests like mosquitos and ticks. Ticks, in particular, can be a dangerous pest that invades unprotected homes. That’s where Mosquito Brothers come in. As the leading provider of professional tick control in Long Island, NY, Mosquito Brothers specializes in keeping your family and pets safe from seasonal surges in ticks. Learn more about how to spot the signs of a tick infestation, what to do about it, and how to keep ticks out of your Suffolk County home from the start with professional tick control in Long Island, NY.
You may occasionally encounter a tick or even a tick bite if you’re frequently outside in unmaintained areas. However, tick infestations result in far more serious bites. Some common signs of a tick infestation in your home include:
• Having lots of tick bites on yourself, which can look like brown or black spots and may include a rash
• Finding lots of ticks or tick bites on your pet
• Tick eggs in dark areas or small crevices of your home
There are also some conditions that make it more likely you’ll encounter ticks, including having lots of fallen leaves or overgrown grass that can house ticks, if you frequently visit parks with tick warnings, or if the local government has issued a tick warning.
Proactively getting tick control in Long Island, NY, is a great strategy for ensuring ticks stay out of your home and away from your family. Professional pest companies can inspect your home and create a treatment program if ticks are already in your home. These programs include applying chemicals in your home and around your home. For severe infestations, pest control services might even fumigate your home to eradicate the pest.
Long Island tick control is important because:
• Catching infestations as soon as possible stops the problem from growing out of control.
Ticks are more than a nuisance. They can carry dangerous diseases like Lyme disease and can transfer those diseases to pets and people within your own.
• Tick infestations are tricky to fully eliminate. Professional intervention can minimize disruption, and proactive tick control in Long Island, NY, can stop the problem before it starts.
• Ticks can be carried from area to area on clothes or fur. Long Island tick control that starts at your property line makes it much less likely that ticks will make it past your front door in the first place.
If you’re worried about having ticks in your home, there are lots of steps you can take to keep the pests at bay. These steps include:
• Yard maintenance. Keeping your lawn mowed short and dealing promptly with fallen leaves will give ticks and other pests fewer places to hide on your property. Ticks are also much less likely to transfer from short grass to clothes and skin.
• Getting rid of other inviting outdoor environments. Ticks like to seek shelter in wood piles, thick shrubs, and vegetation or outdoor structures like doghouses and sheds. Keeping these places neat, clean, and frequently disrupted can stop ticks from infesting these environments.
• Proactive tick pest control. Tick control in Long Island, NY, isn’t just for infestations that have already started. Creating a barrier of pet- and child-safe chemical treatments will reduce the risk of an infestation and give you peace of mind.
The Mosquito Brothers are the local experts in Long Island tick control services. We create effective tick control programs that are customized to our client’s properties so you have the right level of protection for your home and landscape. Contact us for a free estimate from a local tick exterminator—you can reach us online or give our team a call for tick prevention near you.